Saturday, October 17, 2009

10172009

Meant to do this Thursday but i was constantly sidetracked and this is the first time ive been able to sit down and think...

Ive taken alot of pointless high school courses. Courses that have never helped me in college. Courses where i was forced to "regurgitate information". Most of the English course i took forced me to do just that. I had the fortune of taking some classes that not only taught me about the course, but also taught me how to think and formulate an educated opinion. One course in particular really made me change the way i think and start thinking critically and just overall benefited my education. The course was Humanaties taught by the great John Webster. Mr. Webster was by far the best teacher i have ever had the fortune of learning from. Humanaties was a class that focused on the history of man and what each age of man contributed to the world, such as art, architecture, poetry, and literature. It may not have been the class, but Mr. Webster taught me how to think differently and really prepared me for college. The courses that had me "regurgitate information" did teach me some useful information but that method of teaching makes it hard to retain things.

Overall, id say i retained the most usefull set of skills and knowledge from my humanaties class and Mr. John Webster.

No comments:

Post a Comment